Last Updated: July 6 , 2016
"Aggregated Information" means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
"Data Controller" means NUTRICOUNT, the company responsible for the use and processing of Personal Information.
"Personal Information" means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DOES NUTRICOUNT GATHER ABOUT ITS USERS?
1. Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using the Site using the Services. Examples include when you:
- fill in any form on the APP, such as when you register or update the details of your NUTRICOUNT Account, send pictures, or when you supply ID verification information;
- access or use the APP
- link your account on a third party site (e.g. Facebook) to your NUTRICOUNT Account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you; and
- communicate with NUTRICOUNT.
2. Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Site, regardless of whether you are registered with NUTRICOUNT or logged in to your NUTRICOUNT Account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Site, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
3. Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a "Do Not Track" signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for NUTRICOUNT services on third party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
4. Third-party social plugins
Our Site may use social plugins which are provided and operated by third-party companies, such as Facebook's Like Button.
As a result of this, you may send to the third-party company the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Site. If you are not logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the third-party company, then the third party may be able to link information about your visit to our Site to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the third party.
HOW NUTRICOUNT USES AND PROCESSES THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE
We use, store and process Information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Site;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site, NUTRICOUNT's business, and our users' experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and for advertising and marketing;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Site and throughout the course of the Services;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about NUTRICOUNT or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings (in the "Account" section) when you login to your NUTRICOUNT Account; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
HOW NUTRICOUNT USES AND PROCESSES USER COMMUNICATIONS
We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Site for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Site may scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors from asking Clients to send them money outside of the Site, such as by bank transfer or other money transfer methods. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Site, you consent that NUTRICOUNT, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
WHEN NUTRICOUNT DISCLOSES OR SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND TO WHOM
IMPORTANT: When you use the Site, your data may be sent outside of the United States.
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries outside of the United States. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
- Parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Site to other users for marketing purposes.
- The Site allows your public profile and public Listing pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile and public Listing pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. This option is enabled by default, and you may opt out of this feature by changing your settings on the Site. If you change your settings or the information on your public profile or public Listing pages, third-party search engines may not update their databases quickly or at all. We do not control the practices of third-party search engines, and they may use caches containing outdated information, including any information indexed by the search engine before you change your settings or the information on your public profile or public Listing pages.
- You may link your account on a third party social networking site to your NUTRICOUNT account. We refer to a person's contacts on these third party sites as "Friends". When you create this linkage:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your NUTRICOUNT Account profile;
- your activities on the Site may be displayed to your Friends on the Site and/or that third party site;
- other NUTRICOUNT users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other NUTRICOUNT users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking site(s); and
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes.
- other NUTRICOUNT users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
The publication and display of information that you provide to NUTRICOUNT through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Site and the third party site.
- We may distribute parts of the Site (including your Listing) for display on sites operated by NUTRICOUNT's business partners and affiliates, using technologies such as HTML widgets. If and when your Listings are displayed on a partner's site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
- We may also engage third party companies and individuals to provide services to us, including but not limited to technology services and services to help verify your identification, to conduct checks against databases such as public government databases (where legally allowed), to otherwise assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request. We may provide Personal Information about you to these third parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such third parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
- providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or
- based on information supplied by law enforcement, we, in our sole discretion, believe: (a) that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death to an individual or group of individuals, (b) that the case involves potential harm to minors, or (c) that harm or fraud could be directed to NUTRICOUNT, its Members, the Site, or Services.
We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS BY NUTRICOUNT
HOW TO CHANGE OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION, OR CANCEL YOUR NUTRICOUNT ACCOUNT
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your NUTRICOUNT account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your NUTRICOUNT account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your account. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Site in association with your first name, even after your NUTRICOUNT account is cancelled.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
NUTRICOUNT uses "cookies" in conjunction with the Site to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g., your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the Site to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Site may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
NUTRICOUNT cookies and third party cookies
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, third parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
There are two types of cookies used on the Site, namely "persistent cookies" and "session cookies".
Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Site.
The Site may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Uses for NUTRICOUNT cookies
- to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Site across different webpages and browser sessions.
- to simplify your access to and use of the Site and make it more seamless.
- to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Site, so that we can improve and optimize it.
- to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
Uses for third party cookies
In addition, Facebook places a cookie via the Site that allows Facebook to obtain aggregated, non-Personal Information to optimize their services. For example, if a user clicks on an advertisement for the NUTRICOUNT mobile app on Facebook and subsequently installs the app, this cookie will inform Facebook that a user (who is not personally identified) has installed the app after clicking on the advertisement. This cookie may also inform Facebook that a user is using the app, without identifying the specific actions taken by the user in the app.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser's toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Site. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website (http://www.adobe.com/) and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel (http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html).